Author Topic: Phoenix 5 Throttle Settings  (Read 1921 times)

Offline brownie

Phoenix 5 Throttle Settings
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »
I've recently got the Phoenix 5 simulator thinking it was one of the best, but after struggling for a couple of weeks I've all but given up on it. The main problem is that the throttle seems wildly over sensitive, sending all models into uncontrollable up and down oscillations. As an example, the Blade 120SR which in reality is a very docile, seems virtually unflyable in the sim. I had been led to believe that the flight characteristics were as close to the real thing as you can get in a simulator, but this is nothing like my Blade 120SR. I'm using a DX6i by the way. I'm hoping that it's just  a case of setting up the software properly and any advice would be gratefully received.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:15:44 PM by brownie »

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
Re: Phoenix 5 Throttle Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:57:48 PM »
Sorry Brownie, I do not use Sims (personal choice), I am not into Videos games and do not like looking at a screen for flying (hummm, kinda leaves out FPV down the road lol), so I can not be of any help to you...  Hopefully someone will be along shortly with the answer you are looking for...    Good luck......

DH....

Offline bazjay38

• I'll pick the bits up later
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 03:08:28 PM »
Hi Brownie, I bought  Phoenix a few months ago and like you, eventually gave up on it as I couldn't get it to work properly in spite of following the instructions to the letter. I use a Spektrum DX6i Transmitter and do what I might the controls just would not follow what the screen said they should. In UK currency £98 wasted. Should have put my money towards a Blade 180cfx!

Wine is the answer but I've forgotten the question.

Blade 450 3D
E-Sky Dauphin Coax
Volitation
Blade 350QX Quad
ex - HoneyBee!
Blade mXQ mini Quadcopter
Blade 130X

Offline Sobodad

• MOTM Award
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:12 PM »
I too used Phoenix for a while and had problems with any TX I tried to set up.
In the end the only way I got it working was to use one of their own TX.

But since my actual TX feels nothing like theirs, I stopped using Phoenix and now just use ClearView with my TX.
Coax: Hunt Eagle V1 .. NE Solo V2
FP: NE Solo Pro V1 .. Walkera V200D02
CP: NE Solo Pro 180 3D .. Esky Belt CP 450 .. Esky Belt CPv2 450
CP: MSH Protos 500 .. MSH Protos 500 Airwolf Fuse
CP: JR Venture .30 Gasser
Quad: QR Ladybird V2 (x2) .. Turnigy SK450 .. AR Drone V1
Plank: Bixler v2