Author Topic: Puzzled about arming CC ESC  (Read 2040 times)

Offline brownie

Puzzled about arming CC ESC
« on: June 28, 2015, 03:22:00 AM »
I've just bought a Trex 550E built to what appears to be a high standard, but I'm unsure about the Castle ESC. Apparently it has to be armed by moving the throttle to full, then dropping it to zero. Also the previous owner had his low throttle rate on the Tx set at -10% for some reason which I didn't fully understand. Is this correct? I've seen the heli hovering by the way and it seems very stable and responsive, but not had her flying yet.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:39:56 AM by brownie »

Offline Sobodad

• MOTM Award
Re: Puzzled about arming CC ESC
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »
I have seen similar requirements on Quads to initialize the flight controller, but I've never come across it on a Heli ..
Does the Heli have any sort of flight controller other than the normal RX ?

It's a personal thing and definitely not a wrong thing to do.
Essentially this can reduce the risk of accidentally throttling up I guess. (unless you forget its done already and do it a second time when your not prepared for it to spin up)

What it actually sound like is the ESC is not recording the Throttle Range and you need to set it every time.
Again I have not come across this problem before, other than a faulty ESC :thinking:
Coax: Hunt Eagle V1 .. NE Solo V2
FP: NE Solo Pro V1 .. Walkera V200D02
CP: NE Solo Pro 180 3D .. Esky Belt CP 450 .. Esky Belt CPv2 450
CP: MSH Protos 500 .. MSH Protos 500 Airwolf Fuse
CP: JR Venture .30 Gasser
Quad: QR Ladybird V2 (x2) .. Turnigy SK450 .. AR Drone V1
Plank: Bixler v2

Offline brownie

Re: Puzzled about arming CC ESC
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 03:03:52 AM »
I've booked a lesson with a pro instructor next week and I'm going to get him to look it over before I attempt to fly. Just had an email from him and he thinks it's just that the ESC hasn't been properly calibrated. Hope so!