Author Topic: Parkzone Night Vapour  (Read 475 times)

Offline revolver

Parkzone Night Vapour
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:45:05 AM »
So I have sold my 450 heli - which was very sad to be left in a dark case for so long, but is now very happy that it will be imminently crashed by it's new owner!

I have used the funds to buy a Night Vapour to add some fixed wing fun to my indoor heli collection of a Blade MSRx and a MCPx.

Does anyone have any experience with the Night Vapour?

My main downstairs area is small but open plan so I'll have a 'T' shaped space that is about 37 feet in one direction and 25 ish in the other. hopefully that will be plenty of room!
Blade MSRx
Blade Nano CPx
HK450GT

DX6i

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
Re: Parkzone Night Vapour
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:15:10 PM »
Sorry not a planker, but it looks very interesting.... I wonder how it handles the wind....

Is that 37x25ish all one big open area????

DH.....

Offline revolver

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:13:44 AM »
Is that 37x25ish all one big open area????

DH.....

I wish Dave!! It's a T - with the top of the T 37 feet long and the vertical bit 25ish - if you know what I mean - a bit like two corridors that meet in the middle. I'd guess each section is about 15-18 feet wide....

Should be enough room....

The vapour only weighs something crazy like 25 grams, so I would think even a hint of a breeze would be too much for it. Anything I've read suggests it is useless outdoors other than when it's flat calm....
Blade MSRx
Blade Nano CPx
HK450GT

DX6i

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:07:50 AM »
Wow I must have been tired last night, I thought I saw a T shape in your post and then didn't see it again.... You hid it in plain sight... hahaha

So I have sold my 450 heli - which was very sad to be left in a dark case for so long, but is now very happy that it will be imminently crashed by it's new owner!

I have used the funds to buy a Night Vapour to add some fixed wing fun to my indoor heli collection of a Blade MSRx and a MCPx.

Does anyone have any experience with the Night Vapour?

My main downstairs area is small but open plan so I'll have a 'T' shaped space that is about 37 feet in one direction and 25 ish in the other. hopefully that will be plenty of room!

Hehe....DH....

Offline revolver

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
S, I got my Night Vapor, ran a battery through it, then packed it up and sent it back to the shop!

It is a brilliant aircraft and incredibly slow flying, but in my space the only thing I was ever going to be able to do with it is drag it around in circles at minimum speed and a high angle of attack. I could tell within about 5 minutes that i would get bored of it in my house very quickly. It just wouldn't manage outdoors in anything other than absolute flat calm - and that doesn't happen very often in Ireland!

Instead I am going back to plan A and once my refund is through I will buy an Inductrix FPV Pro and have some fun with that instead. I'll report once I get my hands on that in a week or so!

I have no doubt the Night Vapor is a great fun machine in the right space, but a gym hall or similar is where it needs to be to have fun.....
Blade MSRx
Blade Nano CPx
HK450GT

DX6i

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think it looked like it could handle much wind.... Thanks for the update....

DH....