Author Topic: Getting back into quads  (Read 258 times)

Offline bigal1951

• I have become comfortably numb.
Getting back into quads
« on: May 26, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
I sold all of my RC stuff and decided to get some inexpensive toys to replace what I had. I bought a Frsky QX-7 transmitter and an Eachine QX-95 BNF quad. When the quad arrived it had a problem right out of the box. It was all out of whack and I broke a prop and replaced it with the wrong one but the QX-95 had deeper problems. I finally decided to flash it with the latest version of Betaflight and I found a quad called the Lizard 95 or something like that on Eachines.com and it had a text file so I copied the contents of the text file and pasted and saved it to the cli interface in Betaflight. After a little fine tuning I was able to make it flyable, it still needs work but here is a couple of videos, one is the maiden and the other is after a few adjustments.

This is the maiden:
https://youtu.be/-r0UuBbo_b4

This is after a little fine tuning:
https://youtu.be/n13kPhfHN38

HK 450 Pro FBL HK 450GT HK 450v2 Turnigy 9xr WLtoys V911 Walkera Ladybird

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
Re: Getting back into quads
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
Sorry for the late reply Al, having some health issues...

Very nice flight, looking forward to more videos please....

DH....

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »
No problem Dave, I know all too well about health problems my friend, it's all good. I'm waiting on my new action camera and once that gets here there will be plenty of videos, just got 5 new flight packs which gives me 7 in all so i'm looking forward to hanging out in the back yard flying my :censored: off.

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 06:54:07 AM »
Hadn't seen you outside in a while, cool, looking forward to the videos Al....

DH....

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 11:56:45 PM »
Hadn't seen you outside in a while, cool, looking forward to the videos Al....

DH....

Yeah it's tough sometimes getting outside but the Doctor wants me to get out in the Sun and fresh air hence one of the reasons for resurrecting my interest in this hobby. I'm still thinking about a micro helicopter in addition to my quads, maybe a Wltoys or XK110 6ch fbl or maybe just a WLToys V930 or V911 or V913 and the module to go into my QX 7 transmitter. That should help keep me from getting bored flying the same thing over and over. The good part is hopefully I'll get fairly proficient with them outdoors so I'll have good luck indoors next winter, we'll see huh? My Son is starting to show a little interest again so maybe we'll make this a Father and Son deal. I wanted to go to the Helis over Delaware event last weekend but I wasn't feeling up to hanging out in the heat, we were thinking about catching the Warbirds over Delaware but that is going on from July 11th to the 14th, today through Friday and we just aren't ready to take that ride. It's about an hour away and my Son's A/C is on the fritz so I can't deal with this heat. Oh well, maybe next year. I'll check out Youtube and there is a guy that sells videos of these events. Well my action camera should be here today or tomorrow and I got the SD card and a hat clip so maybe some videos by the weekend, we'll see.

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
Any luck with flying outside yet Al???

DH....

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »
Any luck with flying outside yet Al???

DH....

Not yet Dave but I am going to try tomorrow.

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 03:23:17 PM »
Well Dave, I guess I won't be doing any flying outdoors today either.  :-)

https://youtu.be/7hUL8_XYMV0

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 07:29:05 PM »
Here is another indoor flight test with my camera. I learned something today about my camera, make sure to check that the SOUND is on. I took this whole video with the sound turned off. Now I know to check each time before doing a video. Anyway here is my most recent flight in silent mode. :-)

https://youtu.be/oo9OaEUq8jc

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 06:54:46 PM »
Another short indoor video just for the hell of it. I'm just videoing my flights and posting them to play with my new action cam so you won't hurt my feelings if you don't watch, I do this just in case some of you need a video fix. Oh yeah and I put up some photos of my half assed build of my 110 quad in case you need a build fix.

https://youtu.be/ZxDUs9K0_g4

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 06:04:20 PM »
That little thing looks very stable..... Makes me want to get one, but I guess I need to fly what I have 1st... lol

BTW, love the custom fabed screen protector..... :)

DH....

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 09:17:46 PM »
That little thing looks very stable..... Makes me want to get one, but I guess I need to fly what I have 1st... lol

BTW, love the custom fabed screen protector..... :)

DH....

Yeah Dave it is pretty stable and pretty inexpensive. I remember a few years ago we went through the Ladybug or Ladybird phase and it seemed like we all had them. These things are leaps and bounds above those quads. They have the ability to fly like the bigger quads and the same kind of configuring even OSD which is something I am just now delving into, and you can fly them anytime, they are perfect for indoor flight but still able to handle a little wind outside. You can't much go wrong for $50.00 or $60.00. BTW you're not the first to comment on my screen protector. :-)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:47:41 PM by bigal1951 »

Offline bigal1951

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 05:36:14 PM »
Here is another short flight video shooting landings with my new landing pad thanks to Banggood.com. I do enjoy flying this little thing.

https://youtu.be/3uC-SXlvZ18