Author Topic: Honey Bee Fixed Pitch V2 - DD Tail Mod  (Read 40652 times)

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
Re: Honey Bee Fixed Pitch V2 - DD Tail Mod
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
:hi: :welcome: Back TechDiver long time no hear hope all is well with you and the family!!! HAPPY & SAFE FLYING!!!  :130: RM54

I know.  I have neglected the hobby for a while.  I have been a soccer coach for my kid's team, running a coral club, getting in some cave diving, and working on computers for a while now.  There is never enough time in one day to cover everything.  I will try to stop in more.

Spending time with the kids and other hobby's and making money!!!! Get your proprieties straight TechDiver, I mean come on....... :laugh25: :laugh25: :laugh25: :laugh25:      Just kidding man, life and family AWAY's come first.... You have to do what needs to be done first... My wife and I (she was the head coach) used to coach our boys soccer team, that was great fun (I miss that time with the boys :blue:, don't take it for granted)......   

Just glad to see you on some Tech, stay in touch sir and see you around.....

:125:

ROUNDMAN54

« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2012, 05:26:06 PM »
:hi: :welcome: Back TechDiver long time no hear hope all is well with you and the family!!! HAPPY & SAFE FLYING!!!  :130: RM54

I know.  I have neglected the hobby for a while.  I have been a soccer coach for my kid's team, running a coral club, getting in some cave diving, and working on computers for a while now.  There is never enough time in one day to cover everything.  I will try to stop in more.

:hi: Def good to hear your doing ok and time spent with your kids and teaching others Is the most valuable time of ones life!!!!! Gladd you& the Fam are doing good!!! keep us posted when you have time.  :130: Duane

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2012, 04:27:55 AM »
Welcome back Techdiver!  I remember your good mods on the Bee.
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline PeersC

« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2015, 05:33:38 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I got my Bee in May this year and am still very much a newbie - towards the end of the summer I noticed the tail motor getting somewhat erratic - I would almost use the term lazy. Sometimes it would need a flick of the finger to spin and on occasions stopped the main rotors completely. I figured the tail motor was on it's way out ( I have seen a post where someone had exactly the same symptoms) but with winter on the way I put the Bee away. I ordered a cp3 mod and a bee stock figuring to do some work on it over the winter.

Now my question would be - as a newbie do I install the stock motor and my bee will fly much as it did or do I keep that for spare a fit the mod and learn to fly again!
I know I see people say that the mod improves performance but as a newbie will I be able to appreciate it or will my humble Bee become an out of control monster in my inept hands!!!

Any advice appreciated

Peers

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2015, 08:04:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum Peers....

The good thing about the tail motor is if you don't like the mod, just swap them back around...

Now, the DD tail mod will make the bee much more stable as far as the tail (yaw) goes... You will be able to work on Hovering much more if the heli is not yawing (rotating CW or CCW), just one less thing to worry about....

But like I said, you can swap it back with a little work, just don't forget to plug the tail motor in to the 4-1 backwards as the motor will need to spin backwards not using the gear anymore for the prop to spin the same direction....

Hope that helps some....

DH....

Offline tntrcnutz

• MOTM Award
  • WHO SEZ YOU CANT HAVE 10 BACKUP HELIS
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2015, 04:58:13 PM »
I started off with a bee fixed pitch and within a week I bought a King 2.
I started flying the king and never looked back to the honey bee . But in the first flights of the bee the tail was just getting weak and that's when I decided to get the king 2 . I found it to be a little easier to handle but that's just me. I don't think it will be long Peers c when you step up to a cp helli .To me a belt drive is just a lot better than any motor driven tail .

FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT/THEN LIE TO THE WIFE AND BUY MORE

Offline PeersC

« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2015, 01:10:36 AM »
Interesting Comment :-

I practice on a sim don't use fms I use clearview which allows far more sophisticated models and realism. One day I loaded it up and really flew well - I thought my god! Has this suddenly come to me overnight, suddenly I am a pro. Sadly not, I had accidentally loaded the model for the CP3. I still do occasionally use the CP3 model.

So you are absolutely right a cyclic pitch and larger model is probably on the shopping list this year.

I have decided I will put the mod on and see how it flies.

Thanks for comments

Peers

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2015, 09:23:49 AM »
Thanks for posting and let us know how it works out, and remember, we love Videos.... :)

Hope to see you around a lot...

DH....

Offline PeersC

« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2016, 11:05:13 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Well just a follow up on the Tail Mod - I took the plunge and installed it as well as a new set of extreme fiber reinforced blades.

The difference is amazing the Bee is now far more responsive and seems to respond quicker to control actions.

Still tricky for a beginner but better than out of the box.
Going back to the clear view simulator - the difference is like altering the time scale setup in the sim.

I wish I could put this into better words - I still have a standard tail motor as a spare but will not be reverting anytime soon!!!

Cheers from Peers

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2016, 12:04:50 PM »
Besides the fuse mod, the biggest thing that will help is changing the main blades to super blades from super-skids.com , it will be way more stable.

Any videos yet?

DH........

Offline PeersC

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2016, 07:21:03 AM »
Lol,

I think there is one sure fire way to "crash and burn" is if I try flying and filming at the same time. Crashing I manage well enough but trying to film as well seems to me to be a recipe for disaster.

I will show you my fuse mod though - very pleased with it as well as my charging station which comes from a golf cart battery - very pleased with both.

Cheers from Peers

Offline Davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2016, 10:35:26 AM »
Hahahaha, got ya....
Most of us us some kind of  riged up hat cam....  worth looking into when time/budget comes around, you would be surprised what you see when watched back. lol

DH.....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:37:45 AM by Davesheli »